HOW BOLDLY JOYFUL WAS CREATED
A handful of years ago I began working with a business coach. That in itself was a stretch for me, although I’m very grateful I made that decision. In our first session she made the statement, “Your life should reflect what’s important to you.”
“Your life should reflect what’s important to you.”
Wow. That stopped me in my tracks. I was in the middle of living a life that most people would describe as wonderful, although that statement brought to my attention that, although I was living a good life, it didn’t represent some key factors that were important to me. There was a big part of me that felt NUMB, just going through the motions.
HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE THAT?
That realization propelled me down the path of being especially aware of making choices that were in direct alignment with those things that ARE important to me. One of the results of the journey so far is the creation of Boldly Joyful!
ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO LIVING A BOLDLY JOYFUL LIFE?
I feel fortunate that I’ve always seen life through a joyful filter, even through difficult times I was able to feel joy and somehow understand in spite of the challenges, there was always joy to be found. Sure, some people thought I was unrealistic, said I lived on Fantasy Farm, called me a Pollyanna, but it was very real for me. It was my operating system and it worked well. Then, as often happens in each of our lives, there was a period of time where major things were happening, some good and some awful.
DO YOU FEEL LIKE THERE’S SOMETHING MISSING IN YOUR LIFE?
Somewhere in the midst of everything, my feelings of joy got buried. It took me awhile to realize this, not fully realizing why I just didn’t feel like myself. I finally did realize that, although I knew that feeling of joy was still in there somewhere, I just couldn’t seem to bring it back to the surface. That led me on a journey to find joy again. I meditated, prayed, read, asked, reached out, did all I could think of for months. It was when I was praying at the beginning of a new year to “Please lead me back to joy”, that I was looking online for possible business connections and came across an empowering new women’s business mastermind group that was lead by . . . you guessed it, a beautiful soul named JOY!!!
ARE YOU FEELING ENOUGH JOY IN YOUR LIFE?
I’ve learned that . . .
- it’s okay to boldly reconnect with those things that bring us joy
- we have to be brave enough to dig deep through all the gunk that’s covering up those good feelings and pull them to the surface, in spite of what others may think.
- it’s okay to feel joyful and love our life no matter how others are choosing to live their life.
- it’s a great decision to invest in ourself and to find the resources we need to discover that which we seek.
- it’s empowering to make decisions that are in alignment with our authentic self, even when they may be unpopular with others, for that is when we are best able to soar to our full potential and to serve others along the way.
With blessings and joy ~ Traci